Monday, March 9, 2009

How to make a rebar Bender

I made my Rebar Bender out of a half inch floor flange, four 1/4 20thread, 1-1/2" long blots, eight nuts, 4 flat washers and 4 lock washers. On the backside of the flange I inserted a 1/2 inch 90 degree elbow (so my vice could hold on to the flange). I then went on to bend a piece of 3/8" Rebar- Guess what? The damn thing works! I made a Shepards hook on it.
Hint- you should keep a couple of pieces of pipe- I used 3/4 inch and 1/2 inch steel pipe, to use to bend the rebar, 16" and 24" inches long, respectfully. Just slip a piece of pipe onto the rebar, slip the piece of rebar you want to bend and go to it! Not perfect but it works!

Result: A Shepard's hook to hang things from!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job, just what I needed without spending a lot of time and money Thanks

Pete said...

I don't think it would pass an inspection on a good sized job, but not bad for around the house stuff.

Jean Dreze said...

Hey This is very Nice and informative blog thanks for providing such like of information Pipe Threading Machines

Pipe Grooving Machines

Oil Burner and Gas Burner

Rebar Bender

RAPIDTOOL said...

It is a very useful blog post. Thanks for writing and sharing this post with us. It would help in making rebar bender.

Mark Rice said...


Thank you so much for this nice information. Hope so many people will get aware of this and useful as well. And please keep update like this. Rebar Bender

Odieskeepe116 said...

Thank you for sharing . This will help me with the hooks I need at the cemetery !