Monday, August 18, 2008

How to make an EarthTainer™


Amazing what you can find on the internet. Here is a self watering container for gardening found at TomatoFest. I have seen similar containers in the stores for $35-$50. It only costs between $18-$25 to make one of these yourself- and here they are giving away the secret for free!
How to make an EarthTainer™ planter as seen at TomatoFest.com
Video 1
Video 2
Video 3
And the printed instructions
All that Gary from TomatoFest and Ray, the EarthTainer™ Inventor ask is that you make a voluntary contribution to the Feed The Children organization http://www.feedthechildren.org/
UPDATE: I made an EarthTainer™ out of two five gallon buckets- Those are FREE! I simply followed the same design principle and voila! My first EarthTainer™ I promise I will post a pic in the near future!


Photo Update: my EarthTainer with garlic scapes!








4 comments:

DP Nguyen said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. What a cool blog you have yourself-all about how to do things! Very cool stuff.

John said...

Very cool blog....Lots and lots of interesting stuff. I think I'll try some of the self watering containers next year.

drip irrigation systems said...

this is very nice that you share things like this with us. i am always looking for good way to improve my craps grown. thanks again!

Unknown said...

Drip Irrigation System - Leading manufacturers, suppliers and exporters of drip irrigation, Drip Irrigation Valve, Joiner, Drip Irrigation Tee, Drip Irrigation Elbows, Drip Irrigation Lateral Cock, Agricultural ball valve., drip irrigation system price Ahmedabad, Drip irrigation system in India.