Monday, August 18, 2008

How to make an EarthTainer™


Amazing what you can find on the internet. Here is a self watering container for gardening found at TomatoFest. I have seen similar containers in the stores for $35-$50. It only costs between $18-$25 to make one of these yourself- and here they are giving away the secret for free!
How to make an EarthTainer™ planter as seen at TomatoFest.com
Video 1
Video 2
Video 3
And the printed instructions
All that Gary from TomatoFest and Ray, the EarthTainer™ Inventor ask is that you make a voluntary contribution to the Feed The Children organization http://www.feedthechildren.org/
UPDATE: I made an EarthTainer™ out of two five gallon buckets- Those are FREE! I simply followed the same design principle and voila! My first EarthTainer™ I promise I will post a pic in the near future!


Photo Update: my EarthTainer with garlic scapes!








3 comments:

DP Nguyen said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. What a cool blog you have yourself-all about how to do things! Very cool stuff.

John said...

Very cool blog....Lots and lots of interesting stuff. I think I'll try some of the self watering containers next year.

drip irrigation systems said...

this is very nice that you share things like this with us. i am always looking for good way to improve my craps grown. thanks again!