Sunday, February 1, 2009

How to make a Bird Bath from an old lamp


Just follow the nice lady in the video

Now what I did different- instead of using a Light Cover for the tray, I found a neat silver plated plate at Value Village- drilled a hole in the center. You could use a round cake pan or a pie tin- just so long as it has sides on it and it is not more than 2 inches deep! Also instead of using silicone I bought a couple of Neoprene Rubber washers from my local Ace hardware. My total cost for a new birdbath is:
Lamp from Value Village with no shade....$4.99
Silver plated Plate.........................................$1.99
Neoprene Washers........................................$o.84(tax included)
TOTAL With WA State sales tax of .08%..$8.71
Imagine a beautiful piece of yard junk that will make the bird and butterflys happy for under $10!
Another variation of the lamp bird bath here

My thanks to the ladies of the salvage studio for their inspirational video

No comments: